Baby JJ turns five months old today. High five for JJ!
Now, I figured I better get down to listing his little achievements before they all slip my mind. I didn’t get to do this the first time round, and this could jolly well be our last chance.
So, this is what our baby boy has been up to.
– He just cut his first tooth a week ago (bottom left front tooth). (This sometimes makes me a bit edgy while nursing.)
– He loves to make vowel sounds: aaah, oooh, ehhh, but has stopped making sounds like goo and waah which he often did somewhere between the first and second month.
– He packs a good punch and kick. Sometimes I feel like I’m fighting a grown boy when he’s worked up and hungry. At which times both my hands will be tied up with his, and I need to draw my knees up to block his kicks.
– He laughs to smile at familiar faces, and laughs when you make funny repetitive noises.
– He loves his morning walks.
– During his walks, when an unfamiliar aunt tries to baby-talk him, he scrunches up into his I’m-going-to-cry face.
– He can flip from back to front; the first time was when he was about 3 months.
– He can flip from front to back on occasions.
– He can hold his head nearly 90 degrees up when he’s on his tummy.
– He loves to ‘stand’ and support his weight on his legs, with our arms under his of course.
– He gets all excited when he gets to smell something new, like an apple or a herb.
– He’s still on mummy’s milk, pretty much exclusively.
– He hasn’t slept through the night till dawn yet, but we’re working on it!
– He can grab his favorite toy and (I think) is just starting to pass an object from one hand to the other.
– He makes funny belchy faces when he tastes medicine (the first was when he had his rotavirus vaccine).
– He’s absolutely into his sister. He just takes in every bit of her when she’s around. Needless to say, we love their interactions!
Here’s my fav picture of him and the older sister. They look almost like they are playing with each other!
Happy 5th month, baby JJ! We love you!
Now…will you excuse me while I give myself a pat on the back for
surviving enjoying these five (almost blissful) months? 😉