Mother’s day is just round the corner. If you’re thinking of doing something different, something other than the usual family dinner affair, here are some simple ideas.
1. Take the whole family on the duck tour
2. Fix a dinner date for her and dad. And I mean JUST her and dad.
3. Whip up a wholesome, home-cooked meal (honestly, it doesn’t matter if something gets burnt, it’ll still taste like a slice of heaven to your mum. Just make sure there’s chocolate cake for back up, and it should be all good.)
4. Promise to do the dishes and laundry for one whole week (you actually have to DO IT!)
5. Book a family photo shoot
6. Make her a mini photo album (best to use your baby photos; every mum loves looking at pics of her babies, especially when they’re all grown up already…)
7. Give her unlimited passes to “15 minutes all-by-herself time” (multiple passes can be used at any one time)
8. Make her a blessing jar
10. Go on a weekend stay-cation (or if you’re game enough, try staying on a farm)
11. Book her in for a pampering session at the spa
12. Sign her up for a dancing class, or if she has two left feet, buy her a musical instrument (a ukulele perhaps?)
13. Write her a list of 10 reasons why she will always be the love of your life. Present it in a photo frame for keepsake.
14. Make her a vintage rose pin
15. Make her breakfast in bed (the best part? Everyone gets to hop into her bed and chomp it down together!)
16. Adopt a pet from SPCA
17. Compile your favourite recipes and make a recipe book (remember to include some of her favourite food too)
19. Get a new hairdo together - the works: perm, cut, color, and treatment
20. Buy her a new pair of shoes, though she may insist she doesn’t need one (every girl needs a new pair of shoes. When it comes to shoes, every woman is a girl.)
21. Make her a funny fridge magnet that says something like: “If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says ‘keep away from children’”
Ahem, Vera and Javier, for the record, every day should be mum’s day. And really, for me, a big hug and many kisses, and maybe a nice cup of coffee, will be enough to make my day.
What’s on your wish-list this mother’s day? Here’s wishing all mums a blessed mum’s day!