This Monday Listicles is inspired by Nora Ephron’s list, of what she will miss and what she won’t. You might think it’s a tad morbid but I think it’s a meaningful exercise, and it really helps to put things back in their proper places.
10 things I would miss if I die today:
- My kids (Vera’s hugs and JJ’s chuckles and baby smells)
- My hubby (and his hugs and kisses)
- Walks in the park / romps at the playground
- My girlfriends
- Chocolate cake
- Writing love letters
- Bak-chor mee
- Funny prayers
- This moment
10 things I would NOT miss if I die today:
- My to-do list
- High heels
- Work clothes
- Crowded MRT trains
- Creepy crawlies
- Cleaning poop from other people’s bottoms (I know my kids are not really “other people” but still.)
- Heat. Perspiring
. Sweatiness . Smelly feet.
- Hunger pangs at 11.30pm
I also asked myself, would I miss blogging if I died today?
I think the answer is ‘No’.
I think I would be too busy enjoying heaven and all of its wonders…to even think about blogging.
I was tempted to put “being woken up by a crying baby at 4am” as one of the things I will not miss. Then I thought…wait a minute, it’s actually not that bad, when you compare it to the prospect of never to be woken up by anything ever again…
It’s funny how death seems to put things in a different, more real, perspective.
Writing this post had 3 immediate effects on me:
- I gave my kids a big hug and kiss
- I gave my hubby a tight hug
- I thanked God that I am still alive
What will you miss most when you die?