I’m looking forward to rest, play, and bask in the warm sun. Hopefully there is ample and yet cool enough weather. (I am wishful, I know.)
It’s the last few days of Chinese New Year, so here’s hoping that everyone gets to finish off your favourite new year goodies.
This week ahead, me and the man will be celebrating our 5th anniversary. (Gosh. Has it been 5 years already?)
If you find yourself with some minutes on your hands this weekend, you may want to explore some of these ideas / places.
1. Learn how to make a pinwheel (by Lisa Leonard Designs Blog). I tried it and it was fairly simple to do. Now the challenge is to fill up the rest of this rather empty wall with photos and other pretty things.
2. Design your own special lovey-dovey or crazy-funny ziploc bags (by ScissorsPaperStoneBlog)
3. Hoping for a simpler, more fruitful life? Read this post I wrote for World Moms Blog: 7 Ways to a Simpler, More Fruitful Life
4. Check out the new library @ Chinatown. (Heard it stocks a wide selection of Chinese books!)
5. Mull over this quote – Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being. (Johann von Goethe)
I thought the quote is exceptionally applicable for parents. When we believe in our children and treat them as unique individuals, help them articulate their dreams and give wind to their sails, we help them to become what they are capable of being.
What an awesome thought…
May this weekend be filled with new inspiration for you, new discoveries, and lots of soaking in nature. May there be surprise pockets of time for you to tune in to your heart’s desires. Have a joyful weekend!