33 and a baby

Dear baby in my womb,

Mummy turned 33 this week, and you’re probably the best birthday gift I can ever think of having.

Granted, news of you nearly made me fall off the chair (or to be precise, the toilet bowl). And news of you nearly made daddy, who was valiantly fighting “tigers and lions” in the jungles of Taiwan and fulfilling his national call of duty, almost require medic attention and a heli-evacuation to base camp.

But as the dust settles, we have managed to find our joy and purpose, and smile as we brace ourselves to re-enter into this baby season of life. Third time round.

(And for the record, this has got to be the last time we hit the baby button.)

Mummy has been busying myself acting like a scrap collector, re-collecting all the baby items I had gleefully given away over the past 12 months, thinking to myself, “goodbye and good riddance.”

Our storeroom is as bare as I’ve ever seen it before, well…and probably as it’ll ever be again.

Daddy is busy making arrangements to the house. We are finally going to move into the master bedroom, and ship your big bro and sis out into a proper kiddy room (almost).

Oh yes, speaking of your older siblings, I suppose you’ve already heard them laughing, talking, crying, and yelling. You’re probably wondering who they are and how fun it’ll be to play with them. I can assure you they’re heaps of fun, a little crazy and over-the-top, but cute and cuddly on most days. They won’t bite or pinch or bully you, and we will do our best to ensure you’re safe in their company.

Vera already has practice so she should be even better since it’s her second-time. Btw she hopes you’re a girl because “boys are noisy and naughty and dirty.”

Meanwhile, mummy is well, no morning sickness, no cravings, just hungry all the time.

My brain has been going into overdrive, trying to refocus on all those historical (hysterical?) baby moments, and call them back into proper shape and form, so as to better prepare for your arrival in…countdown, 28 weeks’ time.

But don’t worry, if all else fails, I have girlfriends on standby 24/7 with onhand and up-to-date professional baby and boobie knowledge.

You are in safe hands. So don’t worry. Let mummy and daddy do the worrying. (Yup, financials, house rearrangement, carer support, and other boring things…)

You just sit tight until it’s time to come out, i.e., 1st Jan 2014.

And if you ever feel tired of lazing around in your watery bubble bag, you can ponder over my favourite psalm of the day.

For He created your inmost being;
    He knit you together in my womb.
I praise Him because you are fearfully and wonderfully made;
    His works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

I think that psalm was written for you.

Love you sweetie…We can’t wait to meet you in person…

mummee

Comments

1. Sherlyn says

Congrats June! Would love to hear how you cope with the pregnancy and 2 kids at the same time!

Take care 🙂

Hi Sherlyn, thanks! I’m resting a lot more, and sleeping early (almost straight after the kids fall asleep on some nights!) Will share more once I have a bit more energy…can feel it coming back slowly. 😉

2. Gloria says

SERIOUSLY?! Omg June I was just gonna show my colleague your blog when I saw this entry at the top of the page. Congrats!! Extremely happy for you. May you be blessed with good health and strength throughout the remaining months of your pregnancy!

Hi Gloria, what a surprise. I hope you didn’t fall off your chair like I did? 😉 Thanks for celebrating with us, you guys are really like family…

3. NerdyMum says

Love this letter! So well-written, full of love!
    And I LOL-ed at the news of arrival wrt to Mummy’s and (esp) Daddy’s reaction!

Daddy really fulfilled national call of duty!

Congrats June and hubby 🙂

we thought we would stop at 3 too haha, so do not hide the “baby-button” after 01Jan2014 haha 🙂
    Your family would definitely be messier, noisy, but I have grown to love the din.

cheers ,
    andy (SengkangBabies)
    SengkangBabies recently posted..Ipoh Street FoodMy Profile

• Jill says

Congrats again and again, June! What a beautiful letter you wrote to Baby no. 3! Love every bit of it! Sure you should have more babies when God still allows and gives! Love xo

Thanks Andy. Yes, I can’t imagine the din and mess that’s above the current din and mess we already have…but am sure we’ll cope somehow. If not, I’ll come knocking for tips. 🙂

5. qiqi says

Hi June! You were my first choir friend back then in bbtc, then you moved away. It has been great reading your blog. Really learnt a lot esp regarding parenting, now that I have a lil princess of my own. Have a smooth third pregnancy!

Thanks Qiqi, what a lovely surprise to hear from you here! Yes I do recall those choir days fondly…Glad you’re doing well with your little princess. Thanks for the well wishes and keep in touch! 🙂

6. Godma says

Can’t believe I missed this blogpost. But I’m glad to chance upon it this evening.

‘Baby J, Godma can’t wait to cuddle and love you too.’