Children’s Day is coming up this week, and I’m really excited that Focus on the Family is kindly sponsoring this giveaway of a copy of The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman!
Today, I’m going to share 3 of my favourite tips (from the book!) on how to love your child if his /her love language is acts of service.
1. Make a favourite snack when your child is having a difficult day. – JJ’s love language is acts of service, and he’s always reminding me to make him his favourite chocolate brownies whenever he’s feeling upset or just needs some reassurance.
2. Instead of telling your younger children to go to bed, pick them up and gently carry them and tuck them in their blankets.
3. Assist your child in fixing a favourite broken toy or bicycle. Simply taking the time to repair it communicates love to a child whose love language is acts of service.
I hope these give you some ideas to start this special week on a right (and loving) note.
And…It’s giveaway time!
One reader will walk away with a copy of The Five Love Languages of Children. Just enter the giveaway by following the steps in the Rafflecopter app below.
** Remember to leave your email address when commenting on this post!**
Terms & conditions:
– Contest ends 5 Oct, Sunday, 11:59pm
– Open to Singapore residents only
– The prize has to be picked up from Focus on the Family’s office at 9 Bishan Place #08-03 Junction 8 Office Tower
Singapore 579837. Mailing is possible at an additional charge of $2.
– The winner will be notified by email. If he/she does not reply within 3 days, we reserve the right to re-select a winner.
UPDATE: Giveaway is now closed. Thanks for participating, everyone!